$3000 grants for small business
Eligible small businesses can apply for recovery grants of up to $3000.
This grant helps small businesses get back to business by meeting the costs of safely reopening or upscaling operations.
The grant can be used to make fit-out changes, provide staff training and counselling, cover advertising and communications expenses and purchase cleaning products or services.
This grant can only be used for purchases of eligible expenses made from 1 July 2020, and only where no other government support is available.
To be eligible for this grant, you must as at 1 March 2020:
- be a small business or a not-for-profit organisation based in NSW
- have an ABN registered in NSW (make sure all your business details are up to date on the Australian Business Register – this is used to determine eligibility)
- have an annual turnover of more than $75,000 (a Business Activity Statement must be provided as evidence).Where a small business does not submit a BAS to the Australian Tax Office, and meets all other criteria, the small business should contact Service NSW to discuss further. In these cases, an income tax declaration may be accepted as evidence of an annual turnover of $75,000.
- employ less than 20 full-time equivalent (FTE) staff (non-employing businesses can apply)
- be able to report a payroll below the NSW 2019-2020 payroll tax threshold of $900,000
- be in a highly impacted industry by the Public Health (COVID-19 Restrictions on Gathering and Movement) Order 2020
- have experienced at least 30% decline in turnover from March to July 2020 compared to the equivalent period (of at least 2 weeks) in 2019
- have costs associated with safely reopening or up-scaling your business from 1 July 2020.
Note: If you have received a COVID-19 small business support grant of up to $10,000, you may also be eligible to apply for the $3000 COVID-19 small business recovery grant.
Applications close 16 August 2020.
Do you have any questions? Give us a call on 02 5858 4100.